Effective Date: April 9, 2015
To Our Individual Clients and visitors to our website:
We collect certain personal information about you – but only when that information is provided by you or is obtained by us with your authorization. Generally we limit personal information that we collect about you through our website, but it may include, your name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, and social security number. We use that information to prepare your personal income tax returns; may also use it to provide various tax and financial planning services to you at your request; for internal business purposes; and other reasons that we may disclose to you when we collect the information.
Examples of sources from which we collect information include:
Third Party Tracking and Do Not Track.
In addition to personal information, we may use various methods and technologies (“Tracking Technologies”) to store or collect usage information (such as your IP address and type of browser) about you when you visit our website. Some of these Tracking Technologies include:
Web Beacons. DiCicco, Gulman & Company occasionally advertises on third party Web sites. As part of our effort to track the success of our advertising campaigns, we may at times use a visitor identification technology such as “web beacons,” or “action tags,” which count visitors who have come to dgccpa.com after being exposed to a DiCicco, Gulman & Company banner ad on a third party site. We do not use this technology to access your personally identifiable information; it is only used to compile aggregated statistics about visitors who come to our website and to gauge the effectiveness of our ads.
Do Not Track Signals. Various third parties are developing or have developed signals or other mechanisms for the expression of consumer choice regarding the collection of information about an individual consumer’s online activities over time and across third-party web sites or online services (e.g., browser do not track signals). Currently, we do not monitor or take any action with respect to these do not track signals or other mechanisms.
1. To comply with a validly issued and enforceable subpoena or summons.
2. In the course of a review of our firm’s practices under the authorization of a state or national licensing board, or as necessary to properly respond to an inquiry or complaint from such a licensing board or organization.
3. In conjunction with a prospective or actual purchase, sale or merger of all of part of our practice, provided that we take appropriate precautions (for example, through a written confidentiality agreement) so the prospective or actual purchaser or merger partner does not disclose information disclosed in the course of the review.
4. As a part of any actual or threatened legal proceedings or alternative dispute resolution proceeding either initiated by or against us, provided we disclose only the information necessary to file, pursue, or defend against the lawsuit and take reasonable precautions to ensure that the information disclosed does not become a matter of public record.
5. To provide information to affiliates of the firm and nonaffiliated third parties who perform services or functions for us in conjunction with our services to you, but only if we have a contractual agreement with the other party which prohibits them from disclosing or using the information other than for the purposes for which it was disclosed. (Examples of such disclosures include using an outside service bureau to process tax returns, web hosting or engaging a records-retention agency to store prior year records.)
6. To tax authorities in connection with the filing of your tax returns, audits or other investigations.
You may wish to participate in the various blogs, forums, wikis and other social media platforms hosted by DiCicco, Gulman & Company (“Social Media Platforms”) which we make available to you. The main aim of these Social Media Platforms is to facilitate and allow you to share content. DiCicco, Gulman & Company cannot be held responsible if you share personal information on Social Media Platforms that is subsequently used, misused or otherwise appropriated by another user.
Except as otherwise described in this notice, we restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to employees of our firm, tax authorities, and other parties who must use that information to provide services to you or us. Their right to further disclose and use the information is limited by the policies of our firm, applicable to law, our Code of Professional Conduct, and nondisclosure agreements where appropriate. We also maintain reasonable physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in compliance with applicable laws and regulations to guard your personal information from unauthorized access, alteration, or premature destruction. However, no data transmission over the Internet, mobile networks, wireless transmission or electronic storage of information can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Please note that we cannot ensure the security of any information you transmit to us, and you use our services and provide us with your information at your own risk.
You are responsible for maintaining the accuracy of the information you submit to us, such as your contact information. The website may allow you to review, correct or update personal information you have provided through the website’s forms or otherwise, and you may provide registration updates and changes by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If so, we will make good faith efforts to make requested changes in our then active databases as soon as reasonably practicable (but we may retain prior information as business records). When you edit your personal information or change your preferences on the website, information that you remove may persist internally for DiCicco, Gulman & Company’s administrative purposes.
Under California law, California residents who have an established business relationship with DiCicco, Gulman & Company or one of its Affiliates may choose to opt out of DiCicco, Gulman & Company’s disclosure of personal information about them to third parties for direct marketing purposes. Unless noted at the time of collection, our policy is not to disclose personal information collected online to a third party for direct marketing purposes without your approval. If you choose to opt-out at any time after granting approval, email: email@example.com or write to DiCicco, Gulman & Company LLP, 150 Presidential Way, Suite 510, Woburn, MA 01801; Attn: Legal Department.
We understand the importance of protecting children’s privacy in the interactive online world. This website is not designed for or intentionally targeted at children younger than 13. It is not our policy to intentionally collect information from anyone under the age of 13.
Thank you for allowing us to serve your accounting and tax needs. We value your business and are committed to protecting your privacy. We hope you view our firm as your most trusted adviser and we will work to continue earning your trust. Please call us if you have any questions or if we can be of further service.
Very Truly Yours,
DiCicco, Gulman & Company LLP