The nonprofit industry spans the gamut from community-based organizations to world-class healthcare, cultural, and educational institutions. Yet they all share many of the same challenges from a tax and accounting perspective: complying with complex financial requirements, maintaining transparency, and looking for ways to do more with less.
At DGC, our specialized nonprofit team provides a perspective few accounting firms can match. That expertise is strengthened by a curiosity that’s always searching for new and smarter solutions. Working shoulder-to-shoulder with our clients in the not-for-profit sector, we help these organizations find ways to fulfill their missions while maintaining the public’s trust.
- Audits and reviews of financial statements
- Preparation of annual federal and state information returns
- Compliance with Attorneys General requirements for nonprofit organizations in various states
- Tax planning services associated with unrelated business income and public support percentage issues
- Identifying and consulting on excess benefit transactions and related intermediate sanctions
- Assistance with debt financing matters, including banks and tax exempt bond issuances
- Support in the presentation of functional allocation of expenses
- Assistance with obtaining tax exempt status – Forms 1023 and 1024
- Internal control review and evaluation services
- Cash flow forecasting and budget preparation
- Lease vs. buy decisions
- Risk assessment analysis
- 403(b) plan audits